1) “Lieutenant Dan” from Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.
2) And I’m kind of obsessed with Forrest Gump. And The Wizard of Oz. I dare you to challenge me with trivia from either film.
3) I used to have a cat named “Hobo.” He was a fat cat with white paws and big yellow eyes like an owl. He died when I was 14.
4) Anytime I travel by airplane I bring 7-8 books with me in my carry-on.
5) You will regret being in a car with me if the Mama’s and the Papa’s, Elton John, or John Denver comes on the radio.
6) I chew more gum than anyone you’ve ever met. I promise.
7) Many of my favorite songs of all time are war protest songs of the 60s and 70s.
8) I always have a Reeses peanut butter cup hidden somewhere for the perfect moment of private consumption.
9) I wish it was appropriate for a 23 year old to still read Richard Scary and Mercer Mayer.
10) My grandmother’s maiden name was “Fudge.”
11) I want a fox and a raccoon to live on my back porch someday.
12) My father was a deep sea fisherman and a carpenter who started dating my mother when they were 12.
13) My dad died a long time ago but I think he likes being in heaven ‘cause Jesus was a carpenter too and talks about fish a lot in the Bible. They’re probably good buddies.
14) I steal my husband’s socks because I am too lazy to buy my own.
15) I played the tuba in junior high.
16) I tried to play basketball too but I don’t really want to tell you how that ended.
17) When I was 20 I asked a bald guy from Chicago out for coffee. This is how that ended: